This was a recipe I stumbled across on good old Pinterest, I am always up for making breakfast and snacking more fun and I thought this was perfect. Also it is made from ingredients that you most probably have sitting in your cupboards already which could make this recipe very inexpensive. As these have been on high demand to go on to the blog here you are…
You will need:
- 1 1/4 cup of rolled oats
- Agave or honey
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- Apple sauce or mashed banana – this is optional, I used neither.
What to do:
- Prepare cupcake cases or grease a muffin tin
- Whisk together honey or agave, vanilla extract & apple/banana if you are using either.
- In a separate bowl stir together all the other ingredients
- Combine the two bowls and stir until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Put your mixture in to cupcake cases or muffin tray and make sure there is a nice dip in the middle to make a cup shape and the sides are firmly pressed up. The mixture may be slightly crumbly but that will be sorted in the next step.
- Place muffin tray/cases in the fridge for an hour. In the mean time preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Remove from the fridge and press the sides of the cups firmly again.
- Bake the oat cups for 12 minutes, take them out and press the sides into the muffin tin with a spoon. Just to make extra sure they are all cemented into place which they should be.
- Let them cool down for 20 minutes before removing from tins or cases.
BON APPETIT MY LOVLIES!
These can be frozen and thawed if you wish to.
You can choose what ever you want to fill these bad boys. I used Greek yoghurt with chopped up fresh mango and a drizzle of honey.
They were honestly so nice. Crunchy, chewy and filling. The good thing as well is that they can last for a few days so that is your breakfast or snacks sorted for a good few days. They are pretty much guilt free too!
Remember if you decide to make these, tag me on instagram: Lovefromlivxo
Thanks for reading,
Love From Liv xo