Its finally Friday… Yippee!!
I decided this weeks blog post was going to be dedicated to my Festive Fruit Punch creation. With me being a boring non-drinker all the festive drinks are always filled with alcohol, so I thought I would create a recipe that was festive & fruity – which is also suitable for all ages. Winner.
I did some research as to what flavours will compliment each other and which ingredients will make this drink have that very festive December feel. I would absolutely call it a hug in mug with its fruity base, the cinnamon and cloves aromas shining through & all the warm fruit swimming around. It is definitely something you can throw together and serve on a cold winter evening or on Christmas day to warm up the family.
I liked this recipe as majority of people have this stuff in their cupboards already which makes it super quick and cheap.
This will also make your house smell incredible.
1 litre orange juice (no bits)
1 litre grape juice
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup cranberries
2 cinnamon sticks
2 star anise
5 whole cloves
1 vanilla pod cut length ways
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsb ground nutmeg
1. Cut one of the orange and the lemon into thin slices. Cut the other orange into wedges – you should have 8 orange wedges.
2. In a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the water. When the water is simmering turn to a low heat, add the cloves, star anise, cinnamon sticks, ginger and nutmeg.
3. Stir for a couple of minutes the pour in the grape juice and the orange juice.
4. Add the vanilla pod. Turn the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Serve in glasses of your choice with a cinnamon stick for decoration.
I really hope you all enjoy this recipe if you do re-create it – if you please take a photo and tag me in it on Instagram www.instagram.com/livmayesx
Liv 🙂 xxx